Judicial Branch Statistics
Towns within Judicial Districts and Geographical Areas PDF
Towns & Cities Covered by Juvenile Court Locations PDF
Media Resource Center
Civil Gideon Pilot Program Report PDF
tables present historical statewide data regarding civil cases added and
disposed, starting with fiscal year 1991-92. The tables break down civil
cases into eight major case types: Appeal from Administrative Decisions; Contracts; Eminent Domain; Property; Torts; Vehicular Torts;
Wills, Estates and Trusts; and Miscellaneous. The information is further broken down for each major category, showing subtypes under each major case type.
- Civil Cases on Docket:
- July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022
- July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021
- July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019
- July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017
- July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016
- July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015
- July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014
- July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013
- July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012
- July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011
- July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010
- July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009
- July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2008
- Civil Cases Added by Case Type for the Years 2002-03 to 2021-22
- Civil Cases Disposed by Case Type for the Years 2002-03 to 2021-22
Glossary of Terms
Note on Table Creation: The information in the tables
comes from databases that are always being updated. As a result, the tables
only show the information that was in the databases on the day they were
created. Information in the databases can change because cases that were
disposed at the time the table was created were later reopened, or because
of the late entry of data. Because of this, all of the tables are created on
the 5th business day after the close of the fiscal year.
- Added case: A case that is entered into one of the Judicial Branch’s automated systems.
- Claimed case: A case in which a party or the party’s attorney (in a civil or family case) enters a claim that a case be placed onto a trial list.
- Disposed case: A case in which a decision has been made.
- Fiscal year: July 1st through June 30th.
- Pending case: A case in which a decision has not been made.
Civil Case Charts Glossary
- Basic workload unit is the case (docket number). A party/parties can have several cases in the civil system.