Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Libraries   Books

Connecticut Law About Name Changes
These links connect to resources available and are provided with the understanding
that they represent only a starting point for research.

External Link - You are leaving the Connecticut Judicial Branch website This web page has many external links to valuable resources. Please view our Linkage Policy for more information.

Research Guides

  Connecticut General Statutes

Information from the Connecticut Probate Court System:

Research guide prepared by the Connecticut Judicial Branch law librarians:

Useful Websites


  • Sec. 45a-99. Jurisdiction to grant change of name

  • Sec. 45a-736. Change of name of adopted person

  • Sec. 45a-737. [adopted person] Obliteration of original name on institutional records, new name substituted.

  • Sec. 46b-1. Family relations matters defined.

  • Sec. 46b-63. Restoration of birth name or former name of spouse.

  • Sec. 52-11. Complaints for change of name.

Connecticut Practice Book

Connecticut Probate Court Forms

  • PC 900 - Application for Change of Name - Minor
  • PC 901 - Application for Change of Name - Adult - Probate Court

 Connecticut Law by Subject