Research guides prepared by
the Connecticut Judicial Branch law librarians:
Publications from the Connecticut
Probate Court Administrator:
Research reports prepared by
the Office of Legislative Research (OLR):
Connecticut Division of Public Defender Services
- Brendon P. Levesque & Dana M. Hrelic, Connecticut Juvenile Law, Volume 1A, Connecticut Practice Series (Annotated Court Rules)
Thomas A. Jacobs,
Children and the Law: Rights and Obligations
Ann M. Haralambie,
Handling Child Custody, Abuse and Adoption Cases (3rd ed. 2009)
The Law Of Child Abuse and Neglect In Connecticut
Donald T. Kramer,
Legal Rights of Children
(3rd ed. 2015)
for availability and locations.
17a-112. Termination of parental rights of child committed to commissioner.
Petition to terminate parental rights. Notice.
Hearing on petition to terminate parental rights. Notice. Attorney General as a
Termination of parental rights. Conduct of hearing.
Reopen judgment terminating parental rights. Best interest of child. Final
decree of adoption.
Sec. 40.16. Transfer
of contested removal or termination petition to Superior Court.
- Rights of Parties Neglected, Uncared for and Dependent
Children and Termination of Parental Rights
- Petitions for Neglect, Uncared for, Dependency and Termination of Parental
Rights: Initiation of Proceedings, Orders of Temporary Custody and
- Pleadings, Motions and Discovery
Neglected, Uncared for and Dependent Children and Termination of Parental
- Hearings Concerning Neglected, Uncared for and Dependent Children and
Termination of Parental Rights
Branch Court Forms