1) All attorneys and law firms are required to mark their Short Calendar
matters electronically through E-Services unless excluded from this
requirement as set forth in paragraph 3 below. Telephone markings are not
available to attorneys unless an exclusion from E-Services has been
Note: The following items are exempt from the marking requirements, and will be heard on the day they appear on the short calendar: Motions/Applications for exemption; motions for modification of executions and examination of judgment debtors and all motions for judgment on report of an attorney trial referee or factfinder, and any objections about the motions.
2) Self-represented parties who are enrolled in E-Services may mark their Short Calendar matters electronically through E-Services but are not required to do so. Self-represented parties may continue to mark Short Calendar matters by telephone. See more Information about enrollment in E-Services and electronic access to civil cases.
3) Attorneys who require an exclusion from E-Services requirements may apply for an exclusion by submitting the Exclusion from E-Services Requirements form (JD-CL-92) in accordance with the instructions on the form. The form is available online or at any judicial district clerk’s office or Court Service Center.
4) Civil Short Calendar in each judicial district will start at 9:30 a.m. on Monday of each week, unless it is rescheduled.
5) The ordinary marking period is from 9:00 a.m. Tuesday to 4:00 p.m. Thursday of the week before the Short Calendar. If a state holiday falls on the Thursday before the calendar, matters may be marked from 9:00 a.m. Tuesday to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday. If a state holiday falls on the Friday before the calendar, matters may be marked from 9:00 a.m. Tuesday to 11:00 a.m. Thursday. If a calendar is canceled due to unexpected events, parties may reclaim their motions to the next available calendar. If however, the matter needs immediate action by the court, the party may apply for permission to schedule an earlier hearing date with the court. Note: all citations must be re-issued unless the court orders otherwise. Markings must be submitted electronically through E-Services. Attorneys who have obtained an exclusion from E-Services requirements and self- represented parties not enrolled in E-Services must submit markings by calling the telephone marking line. Self-represented parties enrolled in E-Services may mark their matters electronically or by calling the telephone marking line.
6) The following information is required when making a telephone marking: