Experiential Learning Programs
- When does the application period begin?
The application period is roughly three weeks long. Please click on this link to see the upcoming semester application periods.
- Can I apply early if I know I will need an internship in the future?
No. You can only apply for the semester that is currently accepting applications.
- What are the minimum qualifications to participate in the program?
Please see the requirements here.
- Can I email you my cover letter and resume instead of applying in the Intern Portal?
No. All required supporting documents must be submitted in your online application. Emails and links to your documents cannot be accepted as part of your application.
- How will applications be reviewed?
Applications are considered on a rolling basis during the application window – applications are considered once they are received. A strong emphasis is placed on the cover letter and resume as well as the GPA. Students who are graduating seniors earning academic credit for the internship will be considered first.
- When will I hear about the status of my application?
It takes approximately 4-6 weeks to process each application.
- I checked the status of my application, and it says, “Pending Advisor Review.” What does this mean?
Your advisor must approve your application prior to consideration by the intern coordinators. You may want to check with your advisor regarding the status of their approval.
- When does the semester begin?
Please click here to find the semester start and end dates.
- What happens after my application is accepted?
You will receive a system-generated e-mail when your application is complete. The intern coordinators review each completed application and determine which students will be invited for an interview.
- Is there an orientation?
Yes. Orientation is held on the first day of each semester. It is held from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and attendance is mandatory for participation in the internship program.
- Are participants of the Judicial Branch Experiential Learning Program’s Internship Program paid?
No. However, all interns may be reimbursed for travel/mileage and parking expenses.