to the Volunteer Program Website
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successfully complete the application, clearance and selection process
- Be available to work a minimum of five hours per day twice per week
- Have an interest in the court system
- Must disclose any pending matter before the Court to the Volunteer/Intern Coordinator
- Possess strong communication skills
- Have the ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
The applicant completes the Volunteer Application Form and includes a cover letter and resume and returns it (via mail, fax or email) to the Coordinator assigned to your region. In addition to the Volunteer Application a cover letter should be included. Applications may also be obtained from the office by calling (860) 282-6581.
- Upon receipt, the Coordinator reviews the application for completeness and eligibility. The Coordinator schedules a time to meet with the candidate to discuss available positions and qualifications/skills required.
- The Coordinator schedules an interview with the potential placement site supervisor and the candidate.
- Upon acceptance by the Workplace Host and the V/I Coordinator, a mandatory background check will be conducted prior to the start date.
- Volunteer placement established!